What is Linc English?
Linc English is a multi-media, web-based English language training curriculum developed to help schools, companies and individuals effectively achieve their English learning goals. Linc English was developed by a team of American university scholars and expert programmers. Linc English has been successfully used in Japan since 2007 by junior highs and high schools, universities and colleges, companies, and individuals.
- Designed for both classroom use and self-study.
- Improves test scores such as TOEFL, TOEIC and schools’ entrance exams.
- Listening, reading, grammar and vocabulary practices and quizzes.
- Drill training for listening, rapid reading, grammar and vocabulary skill improvement.
- Practice results displayed to check understanding of content.
- Shadowing and dictation practices to improve pronunciation and speaking ability.
- Teacher side administrative controls.
The Linc English Advantage
- Comprehensive Curriculum - Six years of course work. The core curriculum consists of 216 lessons from grade 6 through advanced fluency.
- User Friendly - Users can learn to navigate the system in minutes. Available anytime, anyplace with internet access.
- Massively Scalable - System can handle from one to 100,000 students.
- Teacher Access - Teachers can plan class, give tests, and manage grades.
- Class Forum - Teachers and students can communicate in writing and by voice recording.
- Localization - Site menu available in 90 languages including Japanese, Khmer, Chinese, Thai, and Vietnamese.
- Small Group Plans - available for individual learners, families, tutors, schools, and companies.
- Private Branding - Unique school or company curriculum installs with additional features and special pricing are available for groups of 100 or more students.
- Open Platform - System works on most platforms and browsers: Windows, Mac, Linux, Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
- Mobile Access - System works on Google’s Android 2.2 OS for mobile phones and tablet computers and Apple's iOS for iPhones and iPads.
One of the things I like the most about Linc English is its ability to catch the students’ attention and hold on to it. It’s very rewarding to see the focus and moments of discovery on the faces of students throughout the classroom. And the level of student engagement has remained the same from day one to day one hundred and one. It’s hard to picture what the classroom was like before Linc English. And with the sheer volume of available content, it’s safe to say LE will be a classroom fixture for a long time to come. (Mr. Rick Meres, Shokei High School, Sendai, Japan)